About this opportunity
We are looking for very passionate developers on the mission to build the world’s best User Plane. We work in autonomous empowered teams, and we feel pride in making the world a better place, simplifying, and improving the lives of billions.
For us, building mobile systems that make remote health care and self-driving cars possible is very motivating. We are just in the beginning of our 5G journey, which will bring us even more possibilities, such as remote surgeries and unprecedented speeds.
We believe that the teams have the best knowledge in their respective areas and encourage creativity, self-organization and provide an environment for independent decision making.
Now we are looking for skilled developers to join our teams!
We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Packet Core User Plane. The user plane handles packet routing and forwarding in the mobile data network between the Internet and the radio networks. All 3G, 4G and 5G mobile traffic passes through the user plane. It runs on several platforms, including carrier-grade routers, virtual machines, and containers.
We are market leaders and with mobile traffic from more than 2 billion people passing through our products (40% of the mobile traffic in the World).
We expect you to have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, IT, electrical engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Have 5+ years of professional experience in the telecom industry or similar.
- Knowledge of 5G NR and LTE 3GPP standards.
- Experience in 5G RAN Layer 3 development.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Good understanding of Linux.
- Multi component test using erlang.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Are working with Git and/or Gerrit.
- Experience from Docker containers, Kubernetes deployment, Helm charts and is familiar with concepts and core principles such as canary deployment.
- Experience with Cloud Native Development Pipeline and tools such as – CI/CD (DevOps), Jenkins, Spinnaker is an advantage